Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H) is a mission-driven company with uncompromising integrity and a commitment to service that makes an impact in the community. We are growing at the fastest pace we’ve seen in over 25 years of business, so we’re looking for a dynamic and collaborative Human Resources Manager to help bring our vision of balanced growth to life. This person will work directly under our Chief Operating Officer to ensure CGP&H has the HR systems and talent management practices in place to provide a satisfying and engaging work environment for our staff while exceeding the ever-growing needs of our clients.
Who we are and why we are a great place to work:
We are a friendly, fast-paced, 35-person consulting firm that is an established leader in affordable housing administration, grant writing, home improvement programs, and municipal planning. Our clients are cities, towns, organizations, and businesses across New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania working to empower communities to improve lives. We take great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. Our motto, Good People, Great Results, describes us well.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking someone with a full range of human resources experience including hiring, payroll processing, benefits administration, and employee engagement. A creative and motivated thinker who has successfully implemented new human resources initiatives in an organization would excel in this position. We are especially interested in someone with experience in an organization that incorporates mission, vision, and values into human resources practices. The person hired for this position will be an expert in human resources operations, legislation, and best practices who maintains the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
CGP&H is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. We encourage multiple perspectives and experiences, support a multicultural environment, and strive to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the communities we serve.
What the Human Resources Manager would do:
- Handle full cycle recruiting, hiring, and onboarding for all positions
- Partner with the Chief Operating Officer in areas such as benefits, compensation, training, workforce planning, employee engagement, etc.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are updated regularly, comply with applicable regulations, and are consistently administered
- Assist leadership team in designing organization structures and systems that support our strategic mission-driven goals
- Work with supervisors to develop employee engagement strategies and training practices
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll
- Manage and maintain all employee records including withholdings and benefits, compensation plans, personnel reviews, training, timesheets, benefits time, etc.
- Administer all employee benefits programs (including health, dental, 401k plans)
- Assist with office administrative tasks as needed
What the minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources
- At least 3 years of experience in a Human Resources position
- Training or Certification in Human Resources
- Payroll processing experience
- Benefits knowledge
- Strong computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling confidential matters with the highest degree of discretion and integrity.
Additional information and how to apply:
Pay for this position will be competitive and commensurate with the experience of the person we hire.
We offer a full benefits package available for full time employees after a 90-day probation period, including major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care and more.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Chief Operating Officer John Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please detail how your experience would make you a great fit for the position and what your desired compensation would be to take on this role.
CGP&H is an equal opportunity employer.