Community Grants, Planning, & Housing (CGP&H), a Community Development consulting firm, is an established leader in in all aspects of affordable housing administration including government-funded home rehabilitation programs, affordable rental housing, and affordable sale housing. We are looking for an affordable housing program assistant to work in our housing rehabilitation department to assist our case management staff and grow into a full case management position.
Who we are looking for:
- A positive and self-motivated team member who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- A friendly communicator who is driven by a desire for excellent customer service
- A detail-oriented individual who can process applicant paperwork consistently and efficiently
- A reliable achiever who takes ownership of responsibilities and can meet high expectations
What the Housing Program Assistant would do:
- Providing professional phone and email customer service for department inquiries
- Assisting with preliminary applicant intake and outreach to homeowners via phone and email including working with our applicant pool using Salesforce cloud-based CRM software
- Working under the department’s other staff to assist through the housing rehabilitation process for individual homeowners from eligibility determination through construction with the goal to eventually take on a full case management role.
- Supporting the housing rehabilitation department as needed with daily administrative tasks
What our expectations are for the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or a 2-year Associates degree with relevant experience
- Prior experience in real estate sales or rental, loan processing, implementing grant programs, banking, or construction
- Sound judgement and sensitivity to the special circumstances of those who qualify for our programs
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Able to reprioritize tasks when need arises
Other experience that would make you great at this job (but not required):
- Bi-lingual Spanish communication and translation skills
- Prior experience income-qualifying applicants for government programs
- Experience with HUD housing programs
- Affordable Housing Professionals of NJ (AHPNJ) Certification
- Salesforce (or other similar cloud-based software like Raiser’s Edge, iCIMS, etc.)
We offer full benefits package available for full time employees after 90-day probation period, including major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care and more.
CGP&H is a mission-driven company providing unique solutions to New Jersey’s affordable housing crisis through uncompromising integrity and a commitment to service that makes an impact in the community. Established in 1993, we are a friendly, fast-paced, 28-person company which takes great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. Half of the current staff have received promotions within the company and more than a third of the staff have been with the company more than ten years. We have high expectations and are usually very busy, but we always seek to make our staff happy and comfortable. Our motto, Good People, Great Results, describes us well.
How to Apply:
Please email Chief Operating Officer John Burton at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.