Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H) is a mission-driven company with uncompromising integrity and a commitment to service that makes an impact in the community. We are looking for a full-time Planner / Program Coordinator to work alongside our friendly and experienced team on a variety of interesting projects relating to affordable housing program administration. This position will be part of a dynamic and expanding team implementing a wide range of affordable housing initiatives to assist low and moderate income renters and homeowners throughout the state of New Jersey.
Who we are looking for:
- A positive and self-motivated team member who enjoys collaboration and teamwork
- A knowledgeable professional with education and experience in municipal planning, affordable housing, or community development
- A curious observer who is motivated to master the details while understanding the big picture
- A reliable achiever who takes ownership of responsibilities and can meet high expectations
- A dedicated colleague who shares our company mission of integrity and commitment to service.
What projects you may work on (depending on experience):
- Managing innovative municipality-sponsored affordable housing assistance programs.
- Communications with applicants, current homeowners, planners, attorneys, and government representatives
- Performing affordable housing compliance monitoring and reporting
- Preparing affordable housing plans and related resolutions and ordinances
What our expectations are for the ideal candidate:
- Master’s Degree in Planning or related field of study, or a Bachelor’s degree with significant experience
- Experience in any of the following: affordable housing, community development, program management, HUD entitlement programs, Sandy Relief programs, municipal planning
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects, if necessary
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently
- A positive, self-motivated team member who enjoys collaboration and pitching in wherever help is needed
- Ability and willingness to think about, create, design, and implement solutions as part of a team, while remaining self-directed and retaining an individual approach to work goals
What you can expect from us if you work here:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and job responsibilities
- A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical insurance (85% employer paid), dental coverage options, free life insurance, free vision, 401K with generous company match, schedule flexibility, remote work-from-home possibilities.
- Training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
- A friendly and supportive atmosphere where you will be treated with respect
- An opportunity to work at a mission-driven company that is growing, innovative and successful
Who we are and why we are a great place to work:
We are a friendly, fast-paced, 35-person consulting firm that is an established leader in affordable housing administration, grant writing, home rehabilitation programs, and municipal planning. Our clients are cities, towns, counties, regional entities, non-profit organizations, developers and landlords across New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania working to build strong, vibrant, and welcoming communities.
We take great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. We have high expectations and are usually very busy, but we always seek to make our staff happy and comfortable. Our motto, “Good People, Great Results”, describes us well.
How to Apply:
Please email Chief Operating Officer John Burton at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.