Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H) is seeking an experienced and dedicated full-time Affordable Housing Coordinator with a background in community development and/or affordable housing with a commitment to helping others. This position will be part of a dynamic and expanding team implementing a wide range of affordable housing initiatives throughout the state of New Jersey.
CGP&H is a mission-driven company providing unique solutions to New Jersey’s affordable housing crisis through uncompromising integrity and a commitment to service that makes an impact in the community.
Who we are looking for:
- A positive and self-motivated team member who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- A responsible and professional communicator who can effectively communicate with landlords, municipal officials, and affordable housing applicants.
- A detail-oriented individual who can process important documentation like loan closing documents or affordable housing applications in a fast-paced environment.
- A reliable achiever who takes ownership of responsibilities and can meet high expectations
- A dedicated colleague who shares our company mission of integrity and commitment to service.
What the Affordable Housing Coordinator would do:
- Coordinating with landlords and owners of affordable units to ensure successful administration of our programs
- Income-certification of applicants for affordable housing programs
- Oversee the management of affordable homes that are in foreclosure to ensure they remain deed restricted affordable homes.
- Attending and leading affordable home sales closings
- Working with our large applicant pool and affordable housing portfolio using Salesforce, a cloud-based CRM software.
- Improving the applicant experience through additional web-based tools to streamline waiting list management and the income certification process.
What our expectations are for the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or a 2-year Associates degree with relevant experience
- Prior experience in real estate sales or rental, loan processing, implementing grant programs, banking, or construction
- Sound judgement and sensitivity to the special circumstances of those who qualify for our programs
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Able to reprioritize tasks when need arises
Other experience that would make you great at this job (but not required):
- Prior experience income-qualifying applicants for government programs
- Bi-lingual Spanish communication and translation skills
- Experience with HUD housing programs
- Affordable Housing Professionals of NJ (AHPNJ) Certification
- Experience with cloud-based software like Salesforce
We offer full benefits package available for full time employees after 90-day probation period, including major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care and more.
Established in 1993, we are a friendly, fast-paced, 35-person company which takes great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. Half of the current staff have received promotions within the company and more than a third of the staff have been with the company more than ten years. We have high expectations and are usually very busy, but we always seek to make our staff happy and comfortable. Our motto, Good People, Great Results, describes us well.
Please visit our websites to learn more about our company at www.cgph.net, our home improvement programs at www.hip.cgph.net, and our affordable housing program at www.affordablehomesnewjersey.com.
How to Apply:
Please email Chief Operating Officer John Burton at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.