Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H) is seeking a full-time Affordable Housing Assistant with an interest or background in community development and/or affordable housing, and a commitment to helping others. This position will be part of a dynamic and expanding team implementing a wide range of affordable housing initiatives throughout the state of New Jersey.
CGP&H is a mission-driven company providing unique solutions to New Jersey’s affordable housing crisis through uncompromising integrity and a commitment to service that makes an impact in the community.
Who we are looking for:
- A positive and self-motivated team member who enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- A friendly communicator who is driven by a desire for excellent customer service
- A detail-oriented individual who can process applicant paperwork consistently and efficiently
- A reliable achiever who takes ownership of responsibilities and can meet high expectations.
What the Affordable Housing Assistant would do:
- Support the affordable housing department as needed with daily administrative tasks
- Provide professional phone customer service for applicants and other callers
- Assist applicants with our online application system, and helping applicants as much as possible before elevating an inquiry
- Assist with outreach to applicants, referrals to landlords, and other housing-related duties, paying close attention to applicant deadlines
- Use MS Word and/or MS Publisher for mailings, including printing labels and mail merge
- Work with our large applicant pool and affordable housing portfolio using Salesforce cloud-based CRM software
What else could be possible for the right person:
- Liaising with landlords and owners of affordable units to ensure successful administration of our programs
- Preparing closing documents and attending affordable home sales closings
- Assisting with Income-certification of applicants for affordable housing programs
What our expectations are for the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or a 2-year Associates degree with relevant experience
- Prior experience in nonprofit, government, or social service agencies, and/or experience in real estate, loan processing, banking, or another relevant field.
- Sound judgement and sensitivity to the special circumstances of affordable housing applicants.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Mail Merge, Outlook, and Excel (Please note, applicants may be asked to take a skills test on Microsoft Word or Excel as part of the application process.).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Well organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
Other experience that would make you great at this job (but not required):
- Bi-lingual Spanish communication and translation skills
- Salesforce (or other similar cloud-based software like Raiser’s Edge, iCIMS, etc
We offer full benefits package available for full time employees after 90-day probation period, including major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care and more.
Established in 1993, we are a friendly, fast-paced, 35-person company which takes great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. Half of the current staff have received promotions within the company and more than a third of the staff have been with the company more than ten years. We have high expectations and are usually very busy, but we always seek to make our staff happy and comfortable. Our motto, Good People, Great Results, describes us well.
How to Apply:
Please email Chief Operating Officer John Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.